Internal hiring request (to be completed only by faculty/staff)
Biomedical Engineering hourly employees
1. Please complete your Web Time entry (online timesheet), inputting the number of hours worked during the current pay period for the correct job title. See chart below for pay-period beginning and ending dates, as well as timesheet submission deadlines and pay dates.
To complete your Web Time entry, please log in to https://apps.uillinois.edu/selfservice/ and follow these steps:
- Select University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) and log in with your usual NetID and password.
- Once you are logged in, select the “Employee” tab in the top left corner. Once selected, click “Time Sheet” and select the position that you are submitting hours for. Click “Timesheet” again to access your Web Time entry.
- Once you are in your Web Time entry, please input the hours that you have worked throughout the two week pay period under the Earning category called “Regular Pay.” Important: enter your hours for the first week of the pay period, and then select “Next” to enter your hours for the second week of pay period.
- If the submission deadline has passed, the system will not allow you to input your hours online. In this case, you must fill out a Late Time Report Form, found in the Forms and Helpful Links section of this page.
- This process will delay your payment, so please make every effort to submit online before the deadline.
2. Once complete, please click “Submit”. After you have completed your Web Time entry and submitted it online, please provide the Web Time entry summary to your supervisor for approval. Please make sure the following is included in the Web Time entry summary:
- First and last name
- Position title
- Hours entered throughout the two week pay period
3. Please either email this to your supervisor once completed or provide a hard copy for their signature. Please discuss with your supervisor in advance whether the online or hard-copy option is preferred.
Note for supervisors who prefer email approvals: Please either electronically sign the Web Time entry summary or email firstname.lastname@example.org stating your approval with the attached Web Time entry summary.
4. You must submit your Web Time entry and receive approval from your direct supervisor by the date listed in the “Approved Timesheet due by 5pm” column of the chart. Your Web Time entry will not be approved unless the department receives approval from your direct supervisor by this deadline.
1. The department staff is not responsible for collecting signatures from your direct supervisor for your Web Time entry.
2. If you are trying to submit hours for a previous pay period after deadline has elapsed, the Web Time entry will not allow you to enter your hours. Therefore, you will need to complete a Late Time Report Form and enter your hours on this form. Please note that you will need to complete the same steps in obtaining your supervisor’s approval for this late-report form that you typically follow with your Web Time entry. The unit will manually enter your hours in the system on your behalf once the Late Time Report Form has been signed and completed.
3. If you incorrectly submit your hours on Web Time entry, please contact email@example.com. Your Web Time entry can be returned to you for correction.
4. Do not submit more hours than what was listed on your contract. If you feel that you need to work extra hours, please consult with your supervisor and obtain advance approval from the HR coordinator before you work the additional hours.
Any questions or concerns? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (312) 996-2335.
Web Time Entry (online timesheet) – Follow the Timesheet Submission Instructions in the section above to submit your timesheet online.
Late Time Report Form – *Please use only if Web Time entry deadline has passed.*
UIC Human Resources – Further information about university employment and policies.
- Where can I find my earnings statement?
- How do I view/change my direct deposit details?
- Is my pay considered taxable income?
- Yes, income received from UIC is taxable.
- I missed the time-sheet deadline, but I submitted a Late Time Report Form. When will I get paid?
- It takes up to 1.5 weeks to process the payments for late time report submissions, so you should receive your pay two weeks after your form is submitted.
For other pay-related questions, please visit the UIC HR Pay Services site.
Other HR questions
- I do not remember my UIN. Is there a place I can look it up?
- Find your UIN here.
- Note: Not everyone has or needs a UIN. If you were affiliated with any University of Illinois location before 1996, it’s possible you weren’t issued a UIN. If you never had a UIN, you don’t need one to order transcripts.
For all other HR questions, please visit https://www.hr.uillinois.edu/.
Payroll and holiday schedules
Biweekly Payroll Schedule FY 2021
Pay Period Begin Date End Date Approved Timesheet Due by 5pm Pay Date 1 12/13/2020 12/26/2020 12/27/2020 1/6/2021 2 12/27/2020 1/9/2021 1/10/2021 1/20/2021 3 1/10/2021 1/23/2021 1/24/2021 2/3/2021 4 1/24/2021 2/6/2021 2/7/2021 2/17/2021 5 2/7/2021 2/20/2021 2/21/2021 3/3/2021 6 2/21/2021 3/6/2021 3/7/2021 3/17/2021 7 3/7/2021 3/20/2021 3/21/2021 3/31/2021 8 3/21/2021 4/3/2021 4/4/2021 4/14/2021 9 4/4/2021 4/17/2021 4/18/2021 4/28/2021 10 4/18/2021 5/1/2021 5/2/2021 5/12/2021 11 5/2/2021 5/15/2021 5/16/2021 5/26/2021 12 5/16/2021 5/29/2021 5/30/2021 6/9/2021 13 5/30/2021 6/12/2021 6/13/2021 6/23/2021 14 6/13/2021 6/26/2021 6/27/2021 7/7/2021 15 6/27/2021 7/10/2021 7/11/2021 7/21/2021 16 7/11/2021 7/24/2021 7/25/2021 8/4/2021 17 7/25/2021 8/7/2021 8/8/2021 8/18/2021 18 8/8/2021 8/21/2021 8/22/2021 9/1/2021 19 8/22/2021 9/4/2021 9/5/2021 9/15/2021 20 9/5/2021 9/18/2021 9/19/2021 9/29/2021 21 9/19/2021 10/2/2021 10/3/2021 10/13/2021 22 10/3/2021 10/16/2021 10/17/2021 10/27/2021 23 10/17/2021 10/30/2021 10/31/2021 11/10/2021 24 10/31/2021 11/13/2021 11/14/2021 11/24/2021 25 11/14/2021 11/27/2021 11/28/2021 12/8/2021 26 11/28/2021 12/11/2021 12/12/2021 12/22/2021
FY 2022 Holidays
Holidays Days Observed Independence Day Holiday Monday, July 5, 2021 Labor Day Holiday Monday, September 6, 2021 Thanksgiving Day Thursday, November 25, 2021 Designated Holiday #1 Friday, November 26, 2021 Half Gift/Half Excused Day * Friday, December 24, 2021 Christmas Day Holiday Observed Monday, December 27, 2021 Designated Holiday #2 Tuesday, December 28, 2021 Gift Day * Wednesday, December 29, 2021 Gift Day * Thursday, December 30, 2021 Gift Day * Friday, December 31, 2021 New Year’s Day Holiday Observed Monday, January 3, 2022 Martin Luther King Day Monday, January 17, 2022 Memorial Day Holiday Monday, May 30, 2022 Juneteenth Holiday Observed Friday, June 17, 2022 Plus Two Floating Holidays *This schedule grants three (3) gift days and one (1) excused/gift day over the December/January holiday break. Employees do not use any accrued leave benefits during this time.
pom details summary
The University of Illinois recognizes a fundamental obligation to protect minors when they are on university premises participating in university programs designed to include minors, or are in the care of university staff. A minor is anyone under 18. If you plan to allow minors in your lab or event, please complete the Protection of Minors Event Form below. This form must be approved and completed at least 14 days prior to start date of this minor shadowing your lab.
Please send completed Protection of Minors forms to the University of Illinois at Chicago Protection of Minors Coordinator at: email@example.com
link to full pom page
Find the UIC Protection of Minors page here.